Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catch of the day


Hohoho, behold my latest preys.........Kettle potato chips!!! I was in Cold Storage and saw that the whole range of Kettle chips are on offer at $3.95 (off usual price of $4.50) so I decided to bag a few. Ok maybe not a few, I bought one of every flavour hehe save for lightly salted and unsalted flavour.

I enjoy buying all sorts of weird and funky-looking potato chips but I draw my line at plain vanilla chips. Some may argue that the unsalted or lightly salted chips are the best type of chips as they let you experience their full flavour without complicating things with ingredients like MSG. All I can say is, I prefer the complicated stuff. Why pay for unsalted chips if I can slice and fry them myself? I bet it will be more wholesome and "natural" and I can control the amount of salt added.


My favourite potato chips flavour is a tie between sour cream and BBQ. Usually I buy either one depending on my mood. However, these few months I have a certain fetish for cheddar cheese and salt + vinegar potato chips. It also helps that my sis dislikes these 2 flavours so my victims won't go missing mysteriously in the night before I butcher them.

I am going back camp for reservist soon so it looks like this review will have to wait. Such a coincidence that it's her birthday on my first day of reservist as well. I still miss her.............I wonder how I am going to survive in camp without her and without my potato chips :(

Happy Birthday Sueyng

No comments: